Measuring our Grantmaking Impact
We strive to measure the impact of our grantmaking to realize our mission of helping donors achieve their charitable goals for the greater benefit of the community.
In 2014, the San Antonio Area Foundation held focused conversations with nonprofit organizations to help us strengthen our grantmaking impact. Information obtained from these conversations helped us to shape the funding priorities and identify indicators of success for our Community Grants application process. In addition to our funding priorities, grant seekers should note that:
- We fund program-related operating expenses, including salaries.
- We value and encourage collaboration. While not required, we look favorably upon collaborative projects.
- We fund established programs and provide seed funding for emerging programs.
- We award grants for capacity building through our Strengthening Nonprofits Initiative. Nonprofit agencies may submit a Strengthening Nonprofits application in addition to a Community Grants application.
- We will pilot a multi-year grant program beginning in 2016 through our High School Completion grantmaking initiative. This funding is available to Out-of-School Time providers in Bexar County serving 6th to 9th grade students.
For a detailed report of our funding areas and how we measure and track outcomes at the community and agency level, please download and read our "Measuring our Grantmaking Impact" Report.