Board Principles III – Financial Oversight
September 30, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
One of the responsibilities of a board director is to ensure the financial oversight of the organization. While many directors understand their duties as they relate to fundraising, it is important that a board director understands the financial health of the organization as well. Practice wise stewardship by setting strong financial policies and procedures. Pamela Smith, Ph.D., professor of accounting at The University of Texas at San Antonio, will guide you through six basic principles.
- Be able to apply best practices regarding financial records, annual budgets, financial performance, and investments.
- Gain insightful information regarding loans to directors, officers and trustees.
- Be able to apply the best resource allocation practices for programs and administration.
- Create travel and expense policies.
- Understand expense reimbursement for nonbusiness travel companions.
Who should attend?
Board members, executive directors, professional staff and administrative staff who support senior executives and board members.
- This event has passed.
San Antonio Area Foundation