Growing Your Fund
Once you have established a fund at San Antonio Area Foundation, you have the opportunity to make additional gifts that will increase your level of impact within our community today and well into the future.
Many donors inform friends and family about their fund so when a special occasion arises, such as birthdays, anniversaries, promotions or retirements, gifts can be made in their honor.
We can create a program that will allow you to build your fund while fulfilling your philanthropic goals.
More options than you think
A surprise to many people, cash is not always the best gift. Gifts of appreciated stock, for example, may give you a larger dollar-for-dollar charitable deduction and an exemption from capital gains taxes on the appreciation.
Setting up recurring gift either monthly or annually is convenient, customizable and ensures that your gift makes continuous impact for years to come. You can set up a recurring gift to your fund using your online donor portal. A recurring gift does not represent a pledged to an organization.
A bequest could be the most influential gift you ever make. When you endow a fund using a planned gift, you leave a permanent legacy that will never stop giving.
The San Antonio Area Foundation can accept a variety of assets to grow your fund.
Tools for planned giving
Naturally, you hope your assets last comfortably throughout your lifetime, with enough left over for loved ones. In fact, we expect you’re reading this section because you want to leave a leave a charitable legacy.
With planned giving, you have exciting options to:
- Make tax-deductible gifts that earn annual income
- Make gifts that protect certain valuable assets
- Ensure the best asset (tax-wise) goes to friends and family members
- Guarantee your charitable wishes are carried out.
When you visit our planned giving section, you will find:
- Planned gifts calculators to view various types of gifts and the income and tax benefits
- Charitable gift options that pay you income or protect your assets
- A planning wizard to assist you with drafting your will
- Suggested bequest language