Make a Gift to the One Nation Fund
The One Nation Fund was founded after the tragedy of losing six members of the Sikh community in the Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Sikh temple shooting. In response to these tragedies, and as part of our responsibility to affect positive change in our community, we have set up the One Nation Fund.
Most recently, in September 2015, we ask for your support for Chicago area resident Inderjit Singh Mukker and his family as they recover from a brutal hate crime. Mr. Mukker was racially taunted, called "Bin Laden" and told to "go back to your country" before being viciously assaulted and hospitalized. Mr. Mukker, an Uber driver, has not yet been able to return to work because of his medical injuries. Mr. Mukker, his wife Khushdeep Kaur, and his children Baljot Kaur and Kanwar Singh, would greatly appreciate any financial assistance that the community can provide as they try to heal following this terrible tragedy.
As our community mourns, we know that we must unite and respond in love.
Donate today to the One Nation Fund to help Inderjit Singh Mukker.
Give by Mail
Mail your check payable to San Antonio Area Foundation, 303 Pearl Parkway, Suite 114, San Antonio, TX 78215. Please write "One Nation Fund" in the memo line.
Contribute online with your MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover card via a safe and secure transaction, processed through a secure server.
The purposes of the One Nation Fund are to:
- Meet the immediate needs of victims of religious hate crimes or domestic terrorism and their immediate family members, including victims of the Oak Creek, Wisconsin tragedy of 2012;
- Meet the immediate needs of first responders, and their immediate family members, who are killed or injured in the line of duty during the commission of religious hate crimes or domestic terrorism;
- Provide scholarships for immediate family members of victims of religious hate crimes or domestic terrorism;
- Prevent religious hate crimes and domestic terrorism; or
- Create curricula and materials which will prevent the bullying of students as a result of their religious beliefs and affiliations.
Please join us in supporting current and future families affected by such tragedy. Your gift to the One Nation fund reflects that we are one community and one nation uniting for a better future. Thank you for your support.