The San Antonio Area Foundation supports nonprofit through grants, strengthens nonprofits through a variety of capacity building services and sustains organizations with financial tools.
We use trust-based philanthropy principles to make grants from our funds with help from our donors, to nonprofit organizations in Bexar County and the following surrounding counties: Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina and Wilson.
We know that strong nonprofit organizations have a positive and powerful impact on our community. To strengthen organizations and staff, we offer:
- Affordable professional development
- Three ongoing nonprofit management certifications in partnership with Our Lady of the Lake University and a supervisory and management in collaboration with the University of the Incarnate Word
- Usage of meeting and training space up to once per month
- A resource library with printed and online, subscription-based resources
- A nonprofit membership program that includes additional benefits to enhance our partnership
- Leadership on pressing community issues through our key investments. We bring organizations together for maximum impact.
- Nonprofit executive leadership programs
- Nonprofit board training programs
We sustain organizations by providing specialized financial services, as well as executive and board training programs.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly updates on the latest grant opportunities, training programs, events and Area Foundation news.
Where should you start?
Resource Info Sessions
To learn more about the programs and resources the Area Foundation offers for nonprofits, attend one of our Resource Information Sessions. You’ll learn about and our agency funds, training and professional development for nonprofits, our membership program and our library.
You can now access Foundation Directory Online remotely!
For the first time, the supplier for the directory, Candid, is allowing nonprofits to search the Foundation Directory remotely because of the trusted and long-term partnership with the Area Foundation. The site features a “Chat with an Expert” option to help users navigate the system. To access the Foundation Directory remotely, email email@example.com.