Working with the Area Foundation
Your clients respect your knowledge and expertise. You can look to our expertise to add a charitable component to your menu of services, enhancing your client relationship. You are an important part of creating legacies in our community, and we can provide you with tools to talk with your clients about charitable giving.
For more than 50 years, the San Antonio Area Foundation has worked hand-in-hand with our community's professional advisors. We provide a simple, powerful and highly personal approach to giving with sound investment management to fit your clients' needs. Our charitable solutions offer maximum available tax benefits and the peace of mind that comes from working with a reputable organization that has deep knowledge of our community.
We support you and your clients through every step of the giving process, while you retain complete control of your client relationships.
Solutions for Your Clients
Most of your clients come to you for your expertise in protecting and extending their assets throughout their lifetime, and then ensuring that what remains at death is distributed according to their wishes.
Your clients have distinct charitable interests and unique financial circumstances. We help you make the most of both, to maximize return on their investment. Our flexible and highly personal giving solutions strengthen your client relationships. We provide the professional skills and local knowledge to help you meet your clients' charitable and financial goals.
The Area Foundation offers:
- Respect for your role as your client’s trusted advisor.
- Flexible giving solutions with maximum tax benefits - We have the ability to accept a wide range of gifts: cash, stocks, bonds, property and bequests.
- GiftLaw Pro - a comprehensive charitable giving and tax information service
- Weekly e-newsletter with updated information in charitable tax law
- Estate planning tools, including questionnaires, calculators and access to charitable giving tools
- Local expertise - we are a local organization with in-depth knowledge of community needs and the programs that are making a difference
We offer various types of funds to meet your clients' unique financial and charitable needs. As a 501(c)(3) public charity, we are transparent with our administration and financials, so you can rest assured your clients' charitable assets will be managed reputably.
Take advantage of our Advisor toolkit and resources and contact us with any questions.
These resources are made available by the San Antonio Area Foundation to all advisors as a free service:
- GiftLaw® includes overviews of new legislation and legislative proposals, summaries of recent IRS private letter rulings, recent court decisions and case of the week presentations. Sign up to receive this newsletter.
- GiftLaw Pro® is a comprehensive charitable giving and tax information service
- Gift Legacy® includes news from Washington, Savvy Living, gift stories, finance news and timely articles. Sign up to receive this newsletter.
- Planned Giving Center - A full website resource devoted to planned giving
- Sample Bequest Language
- Materials for you and your clients - We provide materials for you to use and customize when working with your clients to achieve their charitable and financial goals. Materials include bequest language, sample fund agreements, and informational flyers for your clients on a range of charitable giving issues. Contact us to request these tools.
How to Discuss Charitable Giving with Your Clients
We understand that clients may not be considering philanthropy when they have an appointment with their legal or financial advisors, and many professionals have told us they are reluctant to raise the issue. We are here to help guide you through these conversations.