The San Antonio Area Foundation is here to support the community in the event of a crisis, emergency, or natural disaster. Disasters will be declared by the Area Foundation based on the threshold commonly used by the federal, state, local or Emergency response national nonprofit agencies. Once a disaster has been declared by the Area Foundation, the grant application will be opened and applications will be accepted.
Note: A disaster has not been declared at this time.
Click to review the Media Guideline to assist you in publicizing and referring to your grant.
Click here to create an account to access the online application.
In order to apply for a Disaster Relief Grant, the following criteria must be met:
- Be a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Provide programs and services directly benefiting Bexar County and the residents of the surrounding seven contiguous counties
Applications for the Disaster Relief Funding are accepted and reviewed as applications are received. We strive to notify applicants of decisions within ten business days after receipt of an application.
Organizations wishing to apply must complete and submit the online application plus the following documentation:
- A list of the board of directors and their community or professional affiliations
- The current year's annual organization budget. Any format is acceptable and we have a blank form if you do not have one.
- Additional information may be requested once your application is reviewed.
- Applicants will generally be notified of decisions approximately to ten days after receipt of an application.
- Grants will be awarded as funding is available.
- All grant seekers must create an account to access the online application. Please click here to create your account. You will receive an email confirming you have created an account.
- Each organization may submit only one application at a time.
- Applications must be submitted electronically. Any application sent to an individual staff member of the Area Foundation cannot be accepted. We will not accept emails, faxes or hard copies.
- When you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated response stating the Area Foundation has received your application. If you do not receive an automated response after submitting, please contact Cadence Corbin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210.242.4721.