The San Antonio Area Foundation encourages life-long learning and provides certificate programs that help individuals increase their nonprofit organization's sustainability.
After a brief hiatus, we have re-tooled and are bringing back our certificate programs. You can now earn a certificate in Nonprofit Management, Fundraising or Grant Writing from the Area Foundation. And, bonus, you can earn a certificate in far less time!
Classes are still offered individually for those interested in enrolling in classes to build skills in a specific area without enrolling in a certificate program.
Certification Class Description And Schedule 2022
Classes are held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Most are held from 9 to noon or 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. on full days.
We strongly recommend that you add these dates to your calendar now.
Click below for a link to a description of the sessions along with the dates.
About the Program
San Antonio Area Foundation Nonprofit Management Certificate Program – Offered Twice a Year
This 36-contact hour program can be completed in just under two months. Classes cover an array of essential topics: development, leadership, working with volunteers, understanding financials, using social media and board governance.
- Person First Leadership
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Developing Your Strategy
- Implementing Your Strategy
- Internal Controls
- Dealing with Difficult Employees
- Recruiting, Managing and Retaining Volunteers
- Succession Planning
- Creating A Strong Development Program
- Board Principles: Effective Governance
- Understanding Financials
- Telling Your Story through Social Media
- New cohort model enables you to learn alongside a group of your peers
- In-person sessions – Note: We retain the right to move to virtual sessions for safety reasons.
- Participants earn a certificate from the San Antonio Area Foundation upon completion
- Fees: $860 (includes a $100 discount vs. paying for individual sessions)
Who Should Attend?
This certificate program is open to all staff members, board members and volunteers who want to learn more about managing a nonprofit as well as for those interested in transitioning to the nonprofit sector.
Can’t make the April deadline?
We’ll offer the program again in August.
The Spring program is now full. Stay tuned for information about the Fall program.
Contact us for more information.
Learning and Development Manager
Find out how to strategize and implement your fundraising plan with tried and true events and the latest fundraising trends in this daylong workshop that will be offered twice in 2022. Led by a local fundraising expert, you will:
- Gain high-powered fundraising insight
- Understand the mechanics of fundraising and how to fundraise to your audience
- Create successful fundraising events
- Learn how to measure success
- Identify ways to thank donors in a meaningful, effective way to ensure future contributions
In this day and a half-long course, you will learn everything you need to know to successfully navigate the grant writing process and how to manage a grant once it’s awarded. To be offered twice this year, this two-part event will cover:
- The foundational writing process for grants
- What to include in grant applications and how to say it
- How to manage an award and keep your funders satisfied
Classes cover an array of essential topics: development, leadership, working with volunteers, understanding financials, using social media and board governance.
Note: Some classes are also offered as part of the Nonprofit Management Certificate Program. These can still be enrolled in individually.
Sessions are $80 each.