Recruiting, Managing and Retaining Volunteers – Kathy McCleskey
April 1, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Recruitment is not a “Ya’ll Come” proposition. For recruitment, you must consider what skills the nonprofit needs to complete its mission. Recruitment is client focused; not organization focused. In this class, various ways of recruiting volunteers will be discussed. You will also learn the basics of a well-run volunteer program and how it directly ties to management and retention.
Who should attend?
Nonprofit paid and volunteer staff, and board members who want to examine their volunteer program and explore ways to recruit, manage, and retain volunteers.
You will learn to:
- Develop volunteer opportunities that are mission focused
- Create tasks that will attract volunteers
- Understand the importance of skill-based recruitment
- Construct a recruitment message
- Support and retain volunteers
- This event has passed.
San Antonio Area Foundation