The Reggie Williams Resource Library
Our library features over 200 hard copy/paperback volumes available for in-house use. Topics, include:
- Board management
- Financial management and legal
- Fundraising and philanthropy
- Grant writing
- Leadership, self-management and motivation
- Nonprofit and organizational management
- Program areas
Hours of Operation
In light of the current CDC and Texas public health recommendations surrounding COVID-19, the Resource Library at the San Antonio Area Foundation remains closed to the general public. In addition, learning opportunities for nonprofit staff members and leadership have been shifted to virtual sessions, where possible. We are assessing daily the best way to achieve our mission without compromising the health of our employees and external stakeholders.
Search Remotely With A Day Pass
As a proud Funding Information Network Partner, the San Antonio Area Foundation is a member of a national network of organizations that partner with Candid to provide database access and support to local nonprofits. This allows the Area Foundation to make the Foundation Directory Essential available to you to search for funding opportunities throughout the U.S. and internationally at no cost. Beginning March 2021, users can search remotely within a 24-hour period, every 30 days. This day pass allows Candid to continue providing remote access in a secure and automated way to people all over the world.
With an individual Foundation Directory Essential account, you will have access to the MyFDO features. You’ll be able to create dashboards, tag favorite grantmakers, save searches, and return to these each time you activate a new pass. Or, take advantage of Foundation Directory's robust download/email features; you can run searches on Foundation Directory Essential and then download or email yourself the prospect list for offline reviewing.
- Email email@example.com, and we will send a link.
- Click on the link, and you’ll be asked for your email. You will receive this response: You have submitted a registration request for a Day Pass from San Antonio Area Foundation. Please click on this link to continue with your registration. The link will be valid for 30 minutes. (Note: When you click the link for the first time, you will be asked for information about your agency.)
- You will have access for 24 hours. A clock at the top of the screen will indicate how much time remains. At the end of 24 hours, the clock will show the next date on which you can activate a pass.
- Prepare: Before you login for the first time, explore how to use Foundation Directory by watching Candid’s online tutorials or go to https://saafdn.org/events/ to access the “Finding Funders” training in the Area Foundation’s learning portal. (Note: You’ll need to create a log-in if this is the first time you are using our learning portal.)
- Timing: Log in at a time when you can come back to the site, if needed, within a 24-hour period. For instance, if you logged in at 1PM, you could log back in on the same pass the next morning at 9AM.
- Offline research: Take advantage of Foundation Directory's robust download/email features; you can run searches on Foundation Directory Essential and then download or email yourself the prospect list for offline reviewing.
- MyFDO: When logged in, you can use the features of MyFDO to create personal dashboards, tag favorite grantmakers, and save searches under your username. You can then return to this each time you activate a new pass and pick up exactly where you left off.