Be strategic with your charitable giving
The San Antonio Area Foundation can help you give with impact. We invest, protect and grow your gifts so that you can support your favorite causes for years to come. Support activities right here in San Antonio, or any approved nonprofit in the nation. With a permanent endowment fund, even your great-great grandchildren will be making grants from the legacy you establish. You can start giving through a fund now, or you can make plans for a fund that begins giving after you are gone. We are flexible and accept a variety of assets from simple to very complex, to accommodate your charitable needs.
"We are now part of a community of like-minded people. The Area Foundation has professionals who can handle the paperwork and logistics while allowing us to focus on our mission of research, treatment and therapy for children with anoxic brain injury."
Fundholder, ConradSmiles Fund
We are here to partner with you in improving our community.
The San Antonio Area Foundation offers charitable funds for families, individuals, businesses and charitable organizations to use during and after their lifetime. Since 1964, San Antonio residents and organizations have established over 500 charitable funds at the Area Foundation, distributing over $500 million in scholarships and grants to educate youth, preserve the environment, protect animals, fund research and provide services that enhance the quality of life for people living in and around San Antonio.
Why Give Through the Area Foundation?
Consider these ten reasons:
- We are a local organization with deep roots in the community.
- We have broad expertise on community issues and needs.
- We provide highly personalized service tailored to your charitable and financial interests.
- Our funds help people invest in the causes they care about most.
- We accept a wide variety of assets and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving.
- We partner with professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving.
- We offer maximum tax advantage for most gifts under state and federal law.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants.
- We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever and help create personal legacies.
- We are a collaborative community leader, coordinating resources to create positive change.